Friday, February 25, 2005

Thank God! =)

Thank God, for he answers prayer. I can testify to that. This morning i prayed and asked God to help me with my events in atheletics and to let me win. haha, my faith wasn't that strong. I'll tell the tale.

I was given 3 hot events - 100m individual, 100m hurdles and 100m x 4. I was at the marshalling area, getting all ready to start the 100m individual. I knew i was racing the top runners in Year 9, there were 7 competitors in all. 4 of which were from Como(a House). haha, i knew that 3 of the four were faster than me. But i gave it my best shot, with my mind all set to get third spot. haha, thanks to God, i did. I didn't get first, but i was happy with third. haha!

Just before the 100m hurdles, i was just hanging around when this teacher called out to me. She asked me if i was in the Under-15 division and if i was able to run in the 4 x 400m event as a dude pulled out on the last minute. I knew i had two more events ahead, but i agreed because she was looking rather deperate. haha, didn't expect much from this cuz i've never run 400m before. I was the third leg, i was second to receive the baton. Gave it my best shot. haha, there was a dude 5 metres in front of me. I wondered if i could sprint the whole 400m, and i was like, what the heck, i'll just give it a go. lolz! Out-sprinted the leader, didn't look back, just kept running like a mad dog. I was praying along the way because i could feel fatigue creeping into my tired legs, but i just kept sprinting. Passed the baton to the final runner, with a 15 metre lead. haha! We came first. I was elated when he crossed the finishing line. God actually answered my prayer, he let me win a race which i wasn't even supposed to be in! Haha, the whole Yarra crowd was cheering me on when i walked back to the stands. haha, i was wondering why, and i looked towards the scoreboard. I couldn't believe my eyes, we made a new record at 4.16mins! haha! That was awesome! I got praised by my teachers and friends.
But most of all, I Thank God!

On to the 100m hurdles. There was some mistake with the competitor list. Apparently, i ran in the wrong lane in the heats. Thus, i was running in someone else's name, and he was running in my name. lolz! So he was in the 100m hurdles Final instead of me. I was kindda pissed, but the dude was extremely nice. He said that he didn't deserve the spot at the Finals and he said he would gladly give it up. But i told him not to. After the teachers had a discussion, they allowed both of us to run in the Finals. haha, i came third in that race, while he came 6th. Well, i'm pretty pleased.

My last event, 100m x 4. I knew that it was kindda impossible to win this draw because Como had an excellent team, and the other 3 members in my team weren't that good. I was the third runner again, i picked up the baton third this time, ran as fast as i could, and i could felt signs of a cramp on my right thigh, i said "God Help me". The pain subsided, i picked up speed, overtook one person and passed the baton to the last runner. Anyways, all 4 of us did our best and came 2nd to Como. lolz..I really enjoyed the whole Athletics event. Thank God again!

Always remember that God hears your prayers!
I thank God for helping me run.

I asked and i received,
I sought and i found,
I knocked and the door was opened to me.

No comments: