Thursday, March 31, 2005

Knocked Toothless...

Haiz... today was a bummer. I had a really close shave today, would have blown my head off if it actually did happen. Take a guess from the title of the post. This is probably one of the worst things that has happened to me. Alright, here goes.

I went to school early today, and i played soccer with some friends. Halfway through the game, i gained possession of the ball and worked my way down the right flank. I went one-on-one with Duc (A good friend of mine), and i skipped past him with neat flick. haha, he was left standing there like a block of puzzled wood. Well, as the usual saying goes "Pride comes before the fall".

I continued to gallop down the right wing at an extremely fast pace, looking out for a target in the penalty area. Then disaster struck. Shane (Another good friend of mine), came charging down on me. But i was running at such a fast pace that i couldn't stop in time to avoid a full-on collision. I though for a split second - Should i bump head-on against Shane and send him flying? Or should i reduce the impact by converting my velocity into a vertical movement? Argh, i seriously made the wrong choice. I jumped up and tried to push Shane out of the way of my landing spot. haha, i knew i was gonna meet a hard resistance - but i never knew it would happen like that. T'was on accident, can't blame Shane.

I was literally 1 metre in the air, totally out of control, and i landed mouth first into Shane's shoulder. Smack! The impact almost took me out as i fell to the gound gripping my mouth in excruciating pain. I could feel pain in one of my two front teeth, and i was like...oh no...God please don't let this happen. I thought my front tooth was going to drop off. I touched my lips with my fingers, and found that they were stained with blood.

I'm alright now, as usual. Intially, one of my front teeth was a little out of place, but i managed to get it back in position somehow. Argh...it still hurts, and i'm don't want to shake it just in case it goes loose. Hope it'll harden up soon = ...(

I can't imagine myself with only one front tooth. No, that can't happen. No, it won't!

No comments: