Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Step for Christ

My arms, my limbs, my head, my everything's just filled with joy. I was given the opportunity to invite my friends for the Franklin Graham evangelism event. haha...i really thought if it would jeopardise my friendship with my friends, particularly my good friends. I thought about for a minute, and invited Trent and Michael Tran without hesitation. It really wasn't too bad. I mean, i had to explain a little, but both of them said they would consider. Well, i'm just doing my best for Christ. lolz...i'm just delighted that He's pleased with how i dealt with his test.

On the train back home, something really strange, yet embarressing happened. The train carriage was extremely packed with students from various schools, while i had the luxury of sitting down. Sitting right in front of me was this old lady in her 70s. About 3 stations to my destination, a friend of mine, Anthony, looked at me and he pointed to my legs and then looked at the old lady. I had no clue was he was on about...i think he was trying to say that i was perving at the old lady's legs. WTC! haha! just guessing...Just then, i felt a excruciating surge of pain in my right hamstring. I was like...oh crap!

I had a cramp. For no particular reason. I wanted to scream, but i shut my mouth tight and constricted my vocal cords. haha! didn't want to embarress myself in front of an old lady and a carriage full of students. lolz...i just sat there grabbing my right hamstring as though it was gonna drop off. The lady must have thought that i was going nuts. After a horrible 2 minutes, the pain died down. Thank God! I still can't figure out why the cramp started up. Stupid Anthony, i don't know if he had anything to do with it or was it just pure coincidence.

I'm gonna try to invite more people tomorrow. Many more - Tat, Matt, Jack, Paul, Peter, Jason and Barn. And maybe Turk. This Turk guy overheard me when i was inviting Trent, and he started questioning Christianity. Unsurprisingly and unevitably, he critisised some practises.

God encouraged me today through these two verses:

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
- Isaiah 46:4

"I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed..."
- Isaiah 46:13

God is Good, and he will forever be.

No comments: