Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Wherefore Art Thou?

Hi peeps, how're feeling?
I had a buldge day today, two periods of P.E and two periods of English. haha, it was great. Did the usual weights for P.E. Oh yea, i was a little intimidated by the weight exercises which involved enforcing pressure on my legs. Because....in the past 20 days, i've grown 2cm! haha! I'm really happy. I've been asking God to let me grow taller, and that's what happened! Thank God!

Alright, the time bomb has less than 24hours left on it's face. however, i'm not as intimidated as i was. I've just finished practicing for my oral book report and i found that it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. haha, but i'm still feeling a little nervous. God, please help me tomorrow!

I worked on an extremely interesting piece of literary today. It was supposed to be an English topic on the play "Julius Caesar". We could choose from five different topics, and i chose a the most intersting one - To provide some diary extracts from Brutus' diary. The teacher said that we could choose to either use modern day english or Shakepearean English. haha, i chose the fancy one. I spent one and a half hours doing the first entry. Have a look!

Trusted Companion,
Troubled is my heart. I feel something amiss, like a heart with three tubes, like a cupid with arrows. True is Cassius' love for Brutus, his passion like the radiance of pure gold, and his words like a sharp sword that has slit apart the black veil over my face. The razor edges of his blade, some shaped by honour, while others shaped by a jealous flame.

Julius, a man of morales and character. A mighty fortress, a strong tree, the life-giving fountain of Rome. Caesar - An office unfit for such a man half as great as he. His name lives long in the books of history, and it will go on forever, if it lasts for as many years as his victories count. He has won everything one could ever dream for...with great pity. Pity, gained he also a growing ambition.

I hate Caesar more than i love Brutus. From him, i learnt how to fight, to speak, to be a Roman. Doth fear and terror grip my heart? For in the last winter's cold did he on the high hill of Zion proclaim "I am he who rules Rome as a sceptre". But oft he speaks of democracy in public, but doth he put Marullus and Flavius to everlasting silence?

Brutus will serve, with his life, only for the general good. For it is the reason he was born, and it is what he will die for. Set honour in one eye and death in the other, and i will look on both indifferently. For let the gods s speed me as i love the name of honour more than i fear the burning depths of hell.

No comments: