Tuesday, August 15, 2006

3km Commitment

Commitment. I've always supported the fact that Commitment comes before Love, and that it is one of the most important things in life. I believe that one can almost do anything if one puts in a 100% commitment. Well, it's obviously easier said than done.. and i've been doubting if i'm committed enough.

Am i committed enough to go into a serious relationship? Right now, i don't think so.

The VCE Exams are creeping up behind my back and they'll be just around the corner in NO TIME. I've been trying to commit myself to doing some serious Chinese, but i never seem to be submerge fully into the river of commitment.

I was thinking about the possibility of me becoming overweight like what happened to be dad before. I was also reminded of my decreasing fitness; i USED to be able to run a whole lot more before getting cramps, not anymore!

So i decided to pull up this little test which i shall proudly call my "3km Commitment". Yea, that sounds impossible but my plan is to run 3km after school everyday at a really fast pace. I've been planning to do this for ages, but i've been found wanting.

Well, i completed my first 3km today in 12 minutes. That's 250m/min, or 4.17m/sec. haha! I don't know what i should compare it to, but i'll take my time tmr to evaluate my progress. My goals? To prepare for the House Cross Country on the 30th, to increase my stamina, burn up the excess fat on body, improve my fitness and most importantly, to increase my level of Commitment! =)

No comments: