Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Praise The Lord!

Hey peeps! How're you guys and girls doing? I've been extremely busy so far, i've got eight homework projects to work on at the moment -.-" Anyway, don't forget to leave a tag! And please read to the end of this post! Please do.

I remember someone saying this, i think it was from a video i saw a few days ago. Anyway, this lady said that she had breast cancer, and one of her caring friends would always drop her a funny get-well card, and send her a funny sms everyday, giving her tips like "Do Not Add Aluminium in your water!" and "Don't take an umbrella out with you unless it's raining!" And that really cheered her up. Well, i'm inspired by that...i mean... if ONE sms can make someone's day, why not?

Sigh... Just when things couldn't get much worse, guess what? I sprained my right ankle stupidly while playing soccer yesterday. I jumped high for a header and i landed awkwardly flat on my ankle. I could hear a "snap!" before i limped to the side in agony.

My ankle's sprained all around, not just on side. And that just makes it practically impossible to walk.Things turned catastrophic last night. I watched Initial D with my sister, rubbed some medicated oil on my ankle and put an ankle guard over it before turning in at 11pm.

I woke up thinking that it was in the wee hours of the day. I didn't know why i had woken up, but i just did. It took me a while to realise that my ankle was BURNING in EXCRUCITING pain! Seriously, it felt as though zillions of micro organisms were consuming my ankle. It was like a torture room with two jap soldiers stabbing visciously all around my ankle.

I turned on the light on my watch, hoping for a 6am reading. 12.30AM -.-"""" I couldn't believe it. I had another 5 and a half hours of constant sharp, racking punishment!!!! I started to pray desperately. I asked God to take away the pain, but nothing happened.

I rolled around on my bed agonisingly for a while more. Then i got up, outta my bed, and pulled off the ankle guard because i thought that it was causing all the pain. But it was to no avail, the pain still persisted in the same intensity. Then, i knelt down and started praying. I prayed for about a minute or so, i was praying....Desperately... calling to God with all my heart.

Almost immediately, the pain started to subside, but my ankle was still searing. I don't know what came over me, but i pulled my bolster, pillow and blanket off my bed and lay down on the soft carpet. Just then, the pain was eradicated. It just... vanished. I lay there fatigued, thanking God for hearing my prayer.

My ankle still hurts whenever i walk on it. I was forced, against my wishes, to take the day off school today. Sigh... i hope i don't miss much, but i intend to clear up the insurmountable pile of work using the time.

I read this passage in the morning from 2 Timothy, and i felt that God was really speaking to me. I must confess that i have, or rather "had", a problem with the "evil desires of youth", and that i argue foolishly. That i am resentful and jealous at times. But i've surrendered it all to God, seeking that He will mould me into a better servant.

"Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will."
- 2 Timothy 2:22-26

No comments: