Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Live8

I guess the question on your mind right now is whether the 8 men in the room will sign the deal. There has been tremendous support for it, but why is the "no" factor still lingering? Think about it, is it even possible for them to reject the agreement? lol! I reckon World War 3 will start if they actually did so. I like what Nelson Mendela said at the Live8 concert:
"Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity, it is an act of justice."
Click here to read more about it.

I spent another six hours doing community service at Arpad Hostel again. It was not as boring as my first time, and i actually had "stuff" to do, besides chatting with the old folks. lol! I did two hours of data entry, which is "cheating" because it doesn't involve direct interaction. God is sooo real. Seriously.

I had a chat with this cool Irish-born-Aussie named Patrick, who works at the Hostel as a finance manager. I had a really long chat with him about random stuff - politics, food, asians, marriage, business, Singapore, etc. haha! Helped me pass my time. During our conversation, he asked,"So when do you want your cheque?"
I was shocked, and i told him that i was doing community service and didn't expect any pay. But he insisted, " I've already signed it." I continued to resist, but he told me to invest it. haha! He put his hand to his chin and began to think, then exclaimed "Quantas!". lol! That's a bonus 50 bucks for me! I don't believe that 3 days of talking to old folks, data entry, shopping and moving furniture would earn my 50 solid bucks! But that's not it.

About three weeks ago, i put in a faith offering on a Sunday church service. I put in everything i had in my wallet. I think it was around 40 bucks. Yea, i gave it all to God and trusted him to provide for me. I read this verse during my QT today:
" You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." - 2 Corinthians 8:9
How true is that? I gave 40, and got 50 in return! Don't get more wrong, i'm not giving to God so that i can receive more. I'm just testifying that He's just SOooooo real!

The 18 hours of Community Service has just sucked the "holi" out of "holiday". Seriously... Banh just reminded me that we had a CAD project due on the first day back! lol! It's an oral presentation of sustainable house designs -.-" I haven't started yet! (Sorry Banh!)

Hmm...Banh, don't read on :P
Seriously, stop at this point =D
I played Soccer with my sis at 4.30pm. She wanted to! Not Me! XD Well, we had a great time. It was the first time i actually kicked a real soccer ball in about a week. Almost a record, i mean, i think it is. My knee was perfectly fine for the first 50 minutes, but it started to act up again soon after -.-" I hope it's not permanant...sigh.
Enjoy these pictures of the World's best juggler, asia's best attacking midfielder in Greenland, the stubbiest person in America, the palest person in Africa sister and the warmest person in Antarctica - My Babysitter! I mean...My Sister!

No comments: