Sunday, July 24, 2005

Dating

I ran Internet Explorer and the MSN home page loaded. There were many ads, texts, and icons. But what drew my attention was the amount of ads which gave "dating tips", especially the one with a flirty connotation and the text: "Get Dating Trends & Advice".

Imagine you were a 22 year old, in your "prime, spending 20 hours a day searching for a perfect soul-mate. Would you want a life-partner that you can talk easily to? Someone that understands and truely loves you? In my opinion, dating is perfectly fine, in fact, it's vital. However, there is no need for trends of advice regarding dating. How can someone that would click on one of those "Learn-How-To-Be-Mr.Perfect" advertisements, be looking for a intimate relationship?

I just read the book Catcher In The Rye, and i must say that it's one of the best books i've ever read. One of the themes in the book is the hypocrisy in the adult world; how people pretend to smile at you while hiding a dagger behind their backs. The main character, Holden, calls it "Phoniness". Well, i reckon a date should be free of all phoniness. I just hate it when people act all phony and all. I really do. But i must confess that i myself am a little phony.

Peter's sending me repeated "nudges" on MSN right now. Joyce's dad's coming to pick me up in half an hour. Hmm... I betta get back to my research on China's population. Sigh... tons of work to do!!!!

Feel free to tag me if you disagree! Or if you have any more Cliques to add to the collection! =)

No comments: