Thursday, October 06, 2005

Random Thoughts

I'm feeling moodless right now...haha! Probably because i'm too tired to think. We had Futsal for sport just then, and this time Duc, Turk, Paul, Eric and Michael were on my team. And we emerged with three straight wins: 4-0, 2-1 and 3-1. Apparently, this was Turk's and Duc's first time winning all three games, and they seemed exceedingly happy as they boarded the train at Spencer Street. It's good to know that your friends are happy.

Well, the reason for the title of my post is based on my own personal theory that everyone has a tonne of thoughts passing in and out of their brain rapidly, and sometimes, the random thoughts push your cranium into overload. However, if i vent them all out on my blog, perhaps they'd get out of my brain.

Hmm... this is gonna be totally random, but i'm thinking of Soccer matches during lunch. They sure make my day. They give a brief spark of hope and joy through a tough and tiring day of school. A hope that i would score a wonder goal. I don't know why, but i've been missing a bundle of good chances to knock in awesome goals in the past two days. Sigh... I perform spectacularly in the build-up only to scuff the chance away due to a slight lack of concentration on the finish!

Anyway, the debate of knowledge is also on my mind. We are currently studying this marvellous English text "Flowers for Algernon". It's about how this mentally impaired dude named Charlie Gordon goes through a neuro surgery and gets extremely smart over time. However, he starts to feel more negative emotions as he gets smarter and smarter. Personally, i have this huge desire to gain more and more knowledge. I mean, reaslistically, everyone has that. But... is that really good for us? The saying "Ignorance is Bliss" is really wise. Would you rather live in bliss, and be ignorant? Or would you rather have all the knowledge in the world and yet live in remorse? Answer in a tag!

No comments: