Thursday, October 27, 2005

Phoney Tunes

Whoa! It's been a week since i last posted, it feels like a month's passed by. I hope i haven't lost any viewers. So much has happened in the last few days, and you'll be pretty surprised to read about these two "major" happenings.

I've been extremely stressed up about the exams in the past few days, haven't been able to get a good nights rest. Well, they're half over. Or should i say, i've got 5 outta 8 more papers to sit for next week! I even wagged school on Tuesday to study for my Maths and English exams yesterday. I spent about 10 hours trying to memorise quotes from the Catcher in the Rye and all the Maths formulas.

Anyway, i sat for the Maths Paper 1 yesterday morning, and everyone was really nervous and anxious. Needless to say, i was feeling the same way. I had studied so much for this, but i couldn't get this small shadow of a doubt outta my math-formula-filled mind. Anyway, one of my best friends, Jason, asked if he could sit next to me; to cheat, obviously. But i told him that i don't cheat during exams. So yea, he said "Fuck you!" Well, i was taken aback. Seriously, i didn't expect such an aggressive response from such a good friend. He's really strong headed and he doesn't like to study, and i don't mind helping him out in class tests and all, but it just won't do him any good if i just feed him the answers. He'll only get the flak in Year 12. So yea, i stood strong on my belief, and obviously, he got pissed... dead pissed.

I was pretty hurt by it, i've gotta say. And he kept making really mean remarks right in front of my face. Then i began to wonder if he was a True friend. I don't know anymore, maybe he's just half of that. He wasn't as aggressive as he was yesterday, but i can tell that he's still holding a grudge. It's not that i didn't want to help him. I don't mind losing a friend, if that's what it takes for him to change. I really hope he sees that.

The second "major" incident that happened was today's Science paper that totally pissed me off. It was pretty tough, i have to say, but i reckon i would have gotten a marginal A+. However, 20 minutes after all the Year 10s were released, some people came up to me and told me that the Science Paper that we just sat for was almost exactly the same as the one in 2002, save for a few questions! O.O" I couldn't believe my eyes when Eugene pulled out the answer sheet! Seriously. But the thing is, about half the Year 10s somehow knew about this "loop hole", and memorised all the answers to the paper. Some of them even keyed in the MCQ answers in their graphic calculators and all. Sigh... it's really hard for them not to get above 95%. And if the papers get standardised... i'll be screwed. I studied my guts out for it, and the people that took the easy route get the better grades -.-"I was dejected.

Nothing in this world is fair. But i was thrilled, yet angry at the same time when this annoucement sounded, " Attention all Year 10 students! There has been a security breech in the Science Examination, and there will be a re-examination next Friday, on the 4th of November." haha! Thank God! I'm delighted that we get a fair test this time, but i'm extremely disappointed with the teachers for their utterly stupid laziness for using exactly the same copy of the 2002 paper. The exams were supposed to be over next thursday, but it's now extended to Friday -.-"

Sigh... i really want the Science faculty to apologise. Maybe, "The Science Faculty would like to apologise for our stupid and idiotic decision to use the 2002 Science paper for this year's examination due to our incompetence. Please forgive us for our utter laziness."

No comments: