Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Beauty

I've committed to spending the entire morning to finish up my Chinese Genereal Convo before heading off for Futsal, but i just wanted to make a short note about Beauty.

I was reading the bible yesterday and i came across a passage which read:

" Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master." - 1 Peter 3 3-6

That got me thinking about the way i looked at girls. I guess i've always wanted to look at what's on the inside, but subconciously.. i wouldn't even look at any girl unless i thought she was beautiful on the surface. Well, i guess it would be a dream to have a girl that's beautiful both inside and out.

Then again, i blame people like me for turning girls into what most of them are right now. Most of them are subconciously over obsessed with their outward appearance, when what's beautiful is what's inside.. and that obsessiveness acts like a layer which covers and traps her inner beauty and corrodes it overtime. Why? Because of dumbarse like me who neglect those that aren't as "pretty", or should i say "superficial", and give extra attention to those who are.

I wasn't going to make this post, but i was chatting to Angie and Steph yesterday and both of them wanted me to call them "beautiful". I was irritated and a little angry at the same time.. before i decided to change my outlook on beauty:


I see beauty as something that's not visible on one's face, rather.. it's something that never dies out even when wrinkles come into place.. even when you're not as slim or as shapely as before. Beauty is gained, and never lost.

A man can fall for a girl's lush locks, but he'll soon lose interest when they turn grey. But a man that falls for a girl's inner beauty will remain a slave to it forever.


No comments: