Saturday, October 16, 2004

Recalled Skills

Hey peeps! How are ya? I just wanna congratulate everyone who have got their exams over and done with. Another year passed so quickly, in just a twinkling of an eye. Though there are many things that have happened since the day i came to Australia, it still feels like a short time. And... There's 47 more days to go before my flight back to SG! lolz..i'll be counting everyday.

Oh, my mum and i had a fright today when my sis said she had a pain in her abdomen Apparently, she had had the pain since yesterday. The pain is situated just below her stomach, which lead my mum to the conclusion that it was appendicitis. For those ppl who don't have a clue about what it means, it is a kindda useless organ in the body which is malfunctioning, thus, an operation has to be conducted to remove it. There is no disadvantage not having a appendicitis, but the operation would hurt a great deal. My mum decided to take my sis to the hospital for a check up this afternoon. We prayed before they left, the 3 of us.

Fortunately, the problem wasn't as dire as we thought it was. It wasn't appendicitis. It was some kind of muscle soreness. My sis has been doing lots of sit ups recently, and that may be the problem. lolz...Praise the Lord! That was a close shave. I wouldn't want my sis to undergo a operation.

I better get to the thrilling part, before i make the title of this post irrelevant. Alright, i had a pretty good day today. I went for Chinese tuition in the morning, did 2 hours of work, and chilled for the rest of the day. What i wanted to talk about was how i "regained" my soccer skills during Chinese Tuition. lol! During our 30 minute reccess, i played soccer with some older Asian dudes. Normally, i play in a defensive position, but this time i played both- defending and attacking. Sort of like, a midfielder. Well, i don't know what happened, but i seemed to be able to do the things i used to do back in SG! lol! Seems funny yea? But these things happen. Goes the same for other sports such as Tennis, Running, Basketball, etc.

Alright, time for the poem i composed today. It's pretty good, and i'm proud of it.

Mending Relationships

Like a string and a pin-hole,
That never seem to meet.
Like two hungry lions,
Fighting for some meat.
I try hard,
My my shoe just won't fit.
I hate it,
I don't like it a bit.
In the same way,
Broken friendships are hard to mend,
And arch enemies,
Are hard to fend.
But with perserverance,
And some assurance in the soul.
The irritating string,
Will fir perfectly into the hole.
God & Isaac
16/10/04

No comments: