Tuesday, October 05, 2004

First Day Last Term

Hey peeps, wassupz? Yesterday was the first day of school. I wasn't used to waking up so early as i got accustomed to waking up late during the holidays. I'm sure you peeps have had the same feeling. Going back to school to meet old friends feels pretty good. But when i went to school yesterday, i was met with a pleasant surprise. One of my good friends had grown about 8-10 cm. No joke! lolz.. at the start of the school year, he was about my height or slightly shorter than me. But now, lol! he's starting to look down on me already. And another dude, by the name of Philip, got dumped by his GF. lolz! it's a really humourous story all in all. But both of them were just playing one another.(This is quite usual in this Aussie society).

Ok, talk about today. Went to school early in the morning. Chatted with friends, did some work, paid attention in class and played Table-Tennis. lolz..Find it funny that the words "paid attention in class" are in itallics? Well, try emphasis instead of sarcasm. I had sport for the last two periods of the day, Table-Tennis. Haven't really put as much effort into training like i used to do back in SG. Back in SG, it was breathe, drink and sleep table-tennis. During the holidays, it was 4 out of 5 weekdays of training. Phew...But i really enjoyed it though. Well, as i was saying, i played table tennis today and i was a little "OUT-OF-TOUCH". But i finally recovered some old tricks and skills :P lolz... There were about 5 people in my table-tennis group and a teacher-in-charge. I played 3 games. I won all 3 of them! ~8)

The only highlight was when the teacher offered me a challenge when he saw how 'badly' i was playing. We played best out of 5 sets. That means that the first player to win 3 sets, wins the game. The teacher turned out to be a prO! lolz.. he almost trashed me in the first set. I won the second one. He won the third one. And at that time, i had almost lost all hope. Fortunately, i won the 3rd set with some difficulty. It was the last and final set. It would decide the winner and the loser. The hero and the villian. The teacher and the student. Think i got it wrong there. lolz! Alright, both of us played very well, we were tied up like a dead knot at 9-9. My heart was beating like a boiling teapot. It was my service, and i could beat him if i produced 2 top-class serves. "Stomp!" My foot hit the wooden ground. 10-9 in my favour. Match point for me. I served again, but he returned it this time. I did a top-spin and he tried to smash it straight at me. I shut my eyes.

It was out of the table! lolz! i won the teacher. Cool eh? lolz...i was making a mountain outta a mole hill. but that really happened, just not was spectacular. lolz..alright, it's time for my poems. Enjoy! =)

Faith
Ever came across,
A daunting hill?
ever stopped in your tracks,
By an enormous bill?

When troubles show,
And problems arise.
I try to remember,
God's gracious sacrifice.

If the Lord God Almighty,
Is always by your side.
All challenges and fears,
Will all subside.

God & Isaac
3/10/2004


Helpless Soul
Pinned down by a heavy yoke,
Feet in stocks.
On all fours,
Surrounded by piercing rocks.

Blackness all around,
Not a single ray of light.
Who can save me,
from this dreadful plight?

Like a small boat,
In an endless sea.
Like dissolving sugar,
In a cup of tea.

Trapped in a cruel ditch,
As destitute as one can be.
I wonder who,
Who will hear my plea?

God & Isaac
4/10/2004


No comments: