Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ford Factory

Boy! I haven't blogged for quite a while. I've been caught up with work and all, and tonight's the first night in this year that i'm feel on top of my work. haha! I wanna bask in this comfort and joy for as long as it lasts. Each new day brings a new hope, a change in direction, and more work to do -.-"

I went on a Business Management excursion to the Ford Factory up in Upbridge -.-" That's at the end of the Upbridge line, which is Northwest of Melbourne and about 2 hours away from where i live -.-"""

Anyway, i was really surprised at the efficiency of the production lines, the potential and the capabilities of machines. The machines really did most of the work, the human employees were there for maintenance and to put screws into the cars. haha! I've never seen machines used in such a magnitude before. It's just amazing.

The machines looked like gigantic arms that could lift heavy car parts easily and mould them into the required shape almost in an instant. Fact is, a car comes off the production line every 47 seconds. And they get sent to the Painting Centre, which operates 24/7. This means that more than 1 Ford car is produced per minute 24/7 -.-"""" I don't see why cars still cost so much!

No comments: