Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mum's Day!

I just wanna say how much i love my mum. I bought her this model thing with two bears, a mother bear and her son. The little bear's got a bouqet of flowers behind his back, and the mum's wearing an apron; looking as though she's weary, but happy to see him. Yea, i composed a poem for my mum and slit it in with the flowers. It read:

For a loving mum,

Most times you're in the kitchen,
Cooking up something good.
But all that fills my mind at the table,
Is gobbling down the scrumptuous food.

Many times i complain about missing clothes,
Foolishly forgetting where they've been.
But your hands are in dirty laundry,
In that tiny room that can't be seen.

Often i grumble in the early morning,
"Oh, come one! Gimme a break!"
But you're up even earlier,
Just to prepare my soft-boiled egg.

But this time i hired,
Two little bears just to say,
"Thank you mum,
For making my every single day!"

isaac
*For a mum that God has so graciously blessed me with.

Sometimes we neglect the love that our mums show us. But i take comfort in the fact that someone loves me, just for who i am.


I don't believe i jsut got sucked in into taking a Love quiz. haha! It says that the "perfect" gal for me is the one next door:
Your type is the girl next door
Cute, fun, and sweet, your ideal girl is just a stone's throw away - she's the girl next door. She's Sandra Bullock, Billie Piper, and Meg Ryan all rolled up into one. Naturally pretty rather than glamorous, she's unpretentious and generous. She loves animals and children, and is great with both. You're attracted to her strong values and traditional ways. Although she demands great respect, she's not particularly high-maintenance. Her ideal date is more likely to be dinner and a film than heading out for a night on the town. She's careful yet spontaneous - a bit of the guy's girl, a bit of a cover girl (the nice kind), and just a hint of the hippie chick. But she's got an appeal that's all her own, which is why you can't stay away.


haha! i find that really funny. But it's true... i prefer gals that are unpretentious.

I'm currently running low on adrenaline after that thrilling match last night. I slept at 3am watching the FA Cup final - Liverpool vs West Ham. Aww... i was kept on the edge of my seat throughout the game! It was just unbelieveably suspenseful and thrilling. haha! I can feel it in my heart right now... 2 goals from Steven Gerrard and one from Cisse ensured that Livepool finished the first 90 mins 3-3, after Carragher scored a pathetic own goal accompanied by two more fluky goals by Konchesy and Ashton -.-"

I'm really inspired by the Livepool Captain Steven Gerrard. Liverpool were 3-2 down, and all their players looked dejected and tired with 4 minutes to go. My sister was grinning from cheek to cheek and commented that there was no hope left. But i kept praying, and i believed that there would be a miracle, just like the one in Istanbul. And just then, Gerrard rapples home a sensational 30-yarder from no where. Liverpool then went on to win on Penalty kicks.

Yea, people say it's a fluke. But we've done it twice in two years, and we've shown what it takes to be true champions. It's not all about skills, it's about determination, perserverance and a will to believe that You'll Never Walk Alone.

No comments: