Thursday, February 01, 2007

First Day of Year 12

It felt good to be back in school today. A warm homey sensation surged through my heart with the reunification of each familiar face. I got placed in 12E, a class with very few of my good friends save for Anthony and Josh :) I was hoping to be grouped in the same class with either Harish or Marcus for at least one of the four years at MHS, but it was not to be. Oh well, what will be, will be.

I felt as though a great sense of authority and responsiblity was suddenly thrust upon me as i walked along the corridors of the school with the thought of being in Year 12 lingering somewhere in the back of my mind.

I remember coming to this school as a scrawny year 9 kid, admiring the year 12's, and wondering when i'd ever get to their level. Well, it was quicker than the blink of an eye before i found myself looking through the eyes of the source of my admiration. Interesting what time can do to one's perspective.

I was looking out for Darren while carring out the traditional practice of playing Soccer at lunchtimes, but i couldn't catch a glimpse of him. I hope he enjoyed his day at school. He used to tell me that lots of people hate him because they find him annoying or something. He reminds me of me a few years ago.

It suddenly dawned upon me that Time's getting all ready to get his hands dirty again with the aim of achieving what has is deemed as "common" of many boys at Darren's age: Maturity. It'll come, and i expect it to come rather soon. I can't remember what happened in my case, i only remember thinking back on my immature actions, feeling a deep mixture of remorse and regret, before deciding to make admendments.

Time. Oh you of such imcomprehensible lengths, yet falling so predictable!

No comments: