Saturday, December 16, 2006

Goodbye

I'm leaving for Singapore in a few hours. I'm excited, but not as thrilled as i was last year.. i can't wait to see my friends and treat myself to the local food. Sigh.. i don't know where my "real" home is now. My friendships in Singapore seem to be dying away because i haven't seen my friends frequently for over three years. I guess that would be inevitable. On the contrary, i've made many new friends who mean a lot to me this year.

Sigh.. people often ask me: "Where are you gonna be working in the future? In Singapore or in Australia?" Most of the times i reply, "Australia", yet at times, i want to work in Singapore for a bit at least. I don't know how i'm gonna feel when i leave Australia to serve the Singapore Army at the end of next year. I'm gonna miss my friends dearly. I didn't cry when i left Singapore.. but i think i might be moved to tears this time.

I'm worried because i won't have any "good" and "reliable" friend in either of these countries. I know that some of my friends will be there for me, but our friendships will never be as strong as they could've been without my intermitent long-term departures. I wanna thank God for these people.. i KNOW that i can always go back to these people and they would receive me back with warm open arms no matter how long i've been away. Jocelyn, Jeremy Lim, Jeremy Goh and Justin in Singapore. haha! It's weird how their names all start with "J". Well in Australia, i know Qynn, Gab, Nick, Harish and Jase will always have my back. I thank God for you! =)

My future's not certain at all. I don't know where i'm gonna end up 10 years from now, but i know for sure that i'll still be walking close to God wherever he should lead me.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" - Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

To everyone in Australia, enjoy your hols! I'll see you soon =)

No comments: