Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First Month Back In Singapore!!

Hey peeps! How're you guys going?
Looks like my blog's pretty dead; i haven't updated it for more than a month now because of my tightarse neighbours. Nat helped me search for wireless connections in range from my bedroom, but all the feasible ones were protected by WEP keys!!!! Argh... i feel so isolated for the global world. Fortunately, the Singaporean newspaper, "The Straits Times", is full of detailed articles and reports on Soccer!!! Yee ha!!! I've been able to catch Liverpool's late night matches at coffee shops or at Gavin's or Uncle Bala's house. It's a pity that their 10-match winning streak had to come to an end two nights ago...sigh.

One month's passed relatively quickly... it feels like it's been but a moment, however, the memories left behind prove otherwise. Let me think back... Oh yea, we had a church camp in Melacca (Malaysia) during my second week back and Uncle Bala organised an "Amazing Race". We were split into four teams. My team spent FIVE whole hours venturing around Melacca on foot! We managed to visit about 20 historical landmarks through our tiresome journey before getting back to Hotel Equatorial. Despite the tedious test of our aerobic and muscular endurance, the race was extremely rewarding. I got to know Melacca more in those five hours than in my last three visits. Anyway, i got bagged countless times throughout the camp because of my accent -.-""

The next thing i remember is the Futsal Tournament that i organised way back on 17th Dec!! The scorching sun was relentless in causing numerous sunburns, but that didn't stop all the 8 teams from battling their guts out for First Prize. The girls - Tab, Sha, Lyd, Joce and Sarah - formed an all-girls team. They defied all the odds, took full advantage of the 3-0 headstart advantage that they had against every team, and grabbed the first prize for the second division! My team - Troy, Justin, John, Sean and myself - managed to stick together as a team to overcome some tough opponents, and to win the First Division Final: 6-2. I didn't feel too good about winning my own tournament, so i gave my prize to Bryan. Anyway, I made a short speech/testimony about Jesus Christ during the prize presentation which turned out to be... erm... spectacular?? haha! It was a fantastic tournament. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it!

Hmm... during the past month, i've become pretty good friends with the younger boys in the Youth Group - Howard, Ian, Gavin, Sean and Nat Jr. Haha! There were a couple of times when Nat Jr. got really irritating, but i guess we all have to learn how to cope with different personalities - it's a life skill ~8) Erm... Tab, Lyd and Sha are like inseparable magnets stuck together by a magnetic force too great to by displayed numerically. Anyway, they've been going out together almost every single day and staying over at each other's houses. My mum got pretty pissed with Jerusha for not spending enought time with our grand parents.

Anyway, I was having some trouble with my grand parents too; especially my grandmum. I reckon i get along well with almost anyone, but I don't know why i can't get along with my own grand parents. I was so dissapointed and dejected to the verge of tears once. But the fact was, i didn't even know whether i was angry with myself, or with my grandmum. Haiz... She likes to converse with my grand dad in Teochew (a Chinese dialect). And sometimes she talks about Jerusha and i right in front of us, thinking that we don't understand the dialect. Well, i actually do understand most of the stuff she says...sigh. I lost my $18 sim card a few weeks ago, and instead of consoling me, she said(in mandarin), " Look at you, you're very much like your sister. You're both so careless!" Oh... that cut me deep. I mean, i don't care if she insults me and calls me a scum, i really don't care... but she didn't have to drag me sister into that. Well, things have cooled down since my mum came back from Australia. And it seems like my mum's reprimanding my grand mum most of the time! haha! It's funny how the mother loses her authority when her daughter's a whole lot shrewder! XD

Hmm...what else. Oh, i've gotten to know Nat a lot more, and i simply adore his room. Whoa! He's got this awesome fish tank (it's a pity that there're no fish in it) and stick-on stars on the ceiling! I'm gonna set up a fish tank of my own in my room when i start getting an income. But till then, this dream will have to wait!

I've hitched onto this Dota craze. Derrick gave me very clear and helpful advice through my first game, and that really boosted my liking to the game. I got kindda addicted to it at one point of time, when i kept feeling the urge to visit a LAN shop. But i've got it under control now - God's at the top of the list, and my Studies are next up.

Jocelyn has always been telling me about her bf, Jun Xiang, but i've never met him. I was feeling a little nervous because there was a slight chance that we wouldn't click. But that wasn't so... we're pretty good friends now.. we normally have a friendly spare in a game of Table-Tennis whenever we're back in the Public Mansion. And yea, he's a really nice guy, down-to-earth, intelligent, good-looking and all. Sigh... it's a pity things just don't go the way you want them to all the time. Don't worry Joce, God's proud of ya!

I've got this incredible knack of going to Queensway Shopping Centre. I used to hate that place, but i've been there 6 or 7 times in the last month! -.-""" haha! Queensway is a paradise of all Sportsman, especially Soccer players. I bought a pair of Nike Street Soccer shoes for A$120 in Melbourne, and i saw that same pair for S$65!!!! lol! I was fuming mad when i first saw it. Boots are sold for unbelieveable prices there! Seriously... my Soccer mates back in Melbourne would die to come to Queensway. lol!

Oh yea, i got to see all my cousins again during Christmas! Dah's changed a whole lot, and Isobel's grown up so much! They're both dazzling fine girls now... haha! I'm proud of them. Jerry and Josiah look almost the same. Paul's hairstyle looks much better now, and Ning's grown much prettier too! John's so much more mature, and Joel's actually leading a cell group! I would never have imagined that two years ago! Jeremy's getting wiser and more handsome too, like his brother Joshua. It's a pity i didn't get to see Ezra though, he was on a holiday.

I got to meet up with Jeremy Lim, Jeremy Goh and Jia Xuan at East Coast park last week. We did some cycling and played some pool. These guys have grown up so much! Jeremy Lim's a taller than me now! But the biggest change is that Goh's become a Christian!!!!! LOL! 80% of his vocabulary used to be swear words, but he's good-natured, matured and he doesn't swear anymore! He even invited me for his church's (City Harvest) Christmas service at Expo....it was HUGE AS!!!! (About a thousand people!)

I felt really home when i was with my old friends. I could chat to them about anything. We were just...so close. Jeremy Lim and i have know each other for 6 years, since Primary 4, and we're still best of friends. He's a treasure that i'll never forget! Thanks mate!

Jia Xuan had to leave early, and Goh was feeling a little tired. So Jeremy Lim and i caught a movie, had some free coffee at Starbucks and had dinner. I can't wait to meet up with them again. I hope Shawn Change, Shaun Tan and Samuel can come along the next time. I've gotta meet Daryl, Justin and Troy for lunch some time soon too!

Oh, just last week, Justin invited me for LAN with some of his friends. He hosted a game of CS, and we were having a knife-fight when this random guy joined the game and started shooting us with an AWP. So, consequently, Justin kicked him outta the game. Just a minute after, this guy ran up to us in a rage and started asking who the server was. He was dyed hair, ear rings, a punky shirt and baggy board shorts - a full-on gangster. I think Justin was pretty scared at first and he didn't respond, but the gangster dude somehow found out that he was the server and started kicking his chair with all his might. loL!

I got pretty pissed... so i stood up and told the dude to ease up and piss off. lol! He looked at me...and at that moment i could see some fear in his eyes. It was hilarious. He was a little shorter than me. He gazed at my arms and looked at his huge-arse, giant of a friend beside him. haha! i thought his friend was gonna bash me, but he actually told the gangster to calm down! lol! He was pissing on himself. Anyway, the owner of the LAN shop told the little try-hard gangster to sit back down. Foolishly, he came back a few moments later and told Justin that he's gonna get his gang down to settle the score. When we had finished playing, we saw his entire gang waiting outside, but we left through another exit. Dumb try-hards.

School just started yesterday, and the clock's ticking down on me. A month left in my homeland, and i won't be coming back for another two years. Sigh... time flies, and things go by. But the memories are precious, and the friends make them last.

No comments: