Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Looking down a cliff

"You stay out of my conversations with her in the future! If you dare say anything in the future, you better watch out!" - my mum, 5 minutes ago.

Good quote, eh? We just had another quarrel over dinner. She claims that i "slapped her in front of my grandmum". All i wanted to do was to speak up for my grandmum. Sigh.. i'm wrong and she's right. I'm sorry.

If i was standing on the edge of a mountain cliff right now, i'd have no qualms about hanging on foot off the edge just to let my weight decide on my fate.

It's a stupid thing to say, and i know i'm gonna regret it in the future. But there's just soo much stress coagulated in my head at the moment.

I learned that i needed to obtain a 99.8 ENTER score in order to get into the Physiotherapy course at Melbourne on the weekend. Sigh.. that really demoralised my confidence, but i was sorta motivated to hit the books.

10 weeks left to the first VCE exam, and i'm currently WAYYY under prepared. I've decided to turn into a MASSIVE NERD for the next 10 weeks, which involves sacrificing most of my weekends. Don't be surprised if i look dazed or depressed the next time i see you, cuz i am.

God spoke to me today through his Word:

"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for he grants sleep to those he loves." - Psalm 127:1-2

I take refuge in the fact that God has great plans for me. Since, i've committed my future into his hands, i will be happy with whatever ENTER i get or what course i am offered at the end of the year.

Truly, what's the use of studying when God's not with you?

No comments: