Sunday, April 29, 2007

How To Save A Life

More satisfying than the first gulp of cold coke on a hot summer day. More delightful than a warm kiss. More comforting than a firm assurance that a girl/guy out there loves you more than you know. More exhilarating than scoring a hat-trick in a local derby. That was somewhat close to the extent of my elation last night.

Eugene (15) and his brother, Edmund (10), came to our fortnightly cell group meeting last night. During our cell discussion, my mum noticed that they were more enthusiastic and more eager than the rest of us. They took the initiative in answering the questions raised by my mum, and had no qualms about memorising memory verses. My mum told me to speak to Eugene; firstly to inquire if he was a Christian, if not, then secondly, to ask if he wanted to receive Christ. I felt timid. I didn't even know him well! Why should he be open to me? Who was i to converse with him over the most delicate of topics involving life and death?

But I knew i had to.

His genuine openness and eagerness to share his stance on Christianity, as well as, to hear what i had to say on the matter, spurred my spirits. I was praying desperately in my heart for the Holy Spirit to work in him, and to speak through me. We chatted for 10 minutes or so before i popped the question. My heart was racing like a limp racehorse, itss tired legs dragging it back; no motivation except to escape from the crackle of its jockey's whip.

"If you had a chance to," i asked, " would you say the Sinner's Prayer and receive Jesus Christ into your life, as well as, the gift of eternal life?" His answer dealt a massive blow to my unbelieving expression; like a rappler to the nuts that didn't hurt. Shortly after, he was repeating the sinner's prayer after my mum.

I can't remember the exact words, but it was simple, something like this:

" Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that i am a sinner. I thank you for dying on the cross for me. Would you please forgive me and come into my heart. In Jesus' name, amen."

The inexpressible joy that overwhelmed my faithless heart was boundless! Praise the Lord!

There's nothing more that shall ever please me more than to see a life saved, a lost soul snatched away from the clutches of satan and placed into the loving hand of God.

It's unbelieveable that obtaining eternal life is as simple as that! The bible says "Trust and believe, and you will be saved." How much does it take just to close your eyes and say that one minute prayer to God? Look around you. Surely there has to be a God. Now you know that that God loves you. Trust me, take the first step, say the prayer above, and you'll NEVER regret it.

I lacked faith, but God proved me otherwise. It's so true that the Holy Spirit is the one that works in the hearts of others, all you have to do is muster up the courage and offer God your mouth. Praise the Lord! Surely, my heart will rejoice in his unfailing love and every breath in me will whisper, "How great is my Lord?"

How To Save A Life?
That's How!

No comments: