Sunday, May 18, 2008

Time moves on..

Life's been a dynamic stand-still for me. Time seems to be flying by, and yet i don't seem to be doing much. The semester's about to end in 3 weeks. I'm going to be sitting for my major exams and pracs, but  still feel fresh out of year 12! Each week has definitely been enjoyable. There's a lot more freedom. I can choose to hang out in the city for as long as i want, and do whatever i want. There's no one to pressure me to study or anything (although i should really stop slacking off). 

I got 10/20 for my last mid-sem. I can't recall getting a worse result than that. Surprisingly, i didn't feel as bad as i thought i would have. No, i shouldn't think that way.. it should serve as a wake-up call for me. I've got my 3rd and final mid-sem this Friday and i'm determined to nail it! :)

I've been playing soccer for NQA every weekend, and that's really what makes my weekends special. I always look forward to having a kick with my mates, and it drives me to finish the week off with a bang. Well, there's no game this weekend so i decided to spend my Saturday catching up on studies. At least i PLANNED to. I ended up wasting my time away on the guitar, watching Scary Movie (worst movie ever!) and talking to my lil sis on the phone. haha! I hardly got any work done! Nevertheless, it was good catching up with Adrienne. I haven't seen her for such a long time that it feels like i hardly know her anymore! She called to ask for Jerusha, but she wasn't in. So we chatted for one and a half hours or so -.-" haha! Adrienne, you're personally to blame if  i get 10/20 for my mid-sem this Friday! :P

This week was a pretty miserable week for me. The first season with MHS 07 ended with a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of The Mighty Mauritians. We had no excuses this time, we were out played in every aspect of the game. Just wanna thank all the dudes: Stevie, Tommy, Jin, Jase, Jono, Turk, and Daz for all the fun we had. It doesn't matter if we lose, as long as we lose together. Well, we've still got that final game against Nigel's team this Tuesday for 3rd place. Hope we win that!

I've been learning quite a few massaging techniques in the Physio prac classes in the past week. The techniques include: Deep/superficial stroke, thumb and finger circular effluage, petrissage, clapping, hacking, skin-rolling, kneading and frictions. Massaging has always fascinated me. It feels good to be able to bring satisfaction and relaxation to someone else. I'm not too good at any of the techniques yet, but i'll definitely improve on them. I need some guinea pigs! haha! I massaged some of the blokes at Fungus the other day. Think it was Shaun, Josh, Keean and Daniel. Hope i didn't hurt you guys too much! x.x"

PS. Check out the pic of my lil sis at the bottom of the page! :)

No comments: