Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Accident

Yes, that "clean sheet" i always boast about has finally been tarnished by a ridiculous act of folly. I got into a car accident while driving back from the city after Uni today. My dad, mum and sis were in the car with me. Well, i was keeping on the middle lane when my dad suddenly went: "keep right!"

It was pouring down rain, so my side mirror was wet and blur. So i checked my rear mirror quickly and popped the front of the car out to filter to the right lane. It all happened in a split second. Crash! Total shock and pain engulfed me as i watched metal shards break lose in the air as the impact shook our car vigorously.

We exchanged no. and settled all the insurance protocol promptly. But i felt so guilty that i was unable to speak for an hour or so after the accident. The driver was a pregnant lady. She was pretty calm when we talked to her, but she started to break down in tears just as we drove off. That really disturbed me. I can't describe how it terrible it feels to be responsible for making a innocent pregnant lady feel so panicky and fearful that she could lose her baby at the moment of the collision.

The accident was a very humble event. I don't think i'll ever boast about my driving, or even think that i can drive better than anyone else anymore.

Just beside the point, a American guest speaker gave a very interesting sermon last Sunday which i would love to share. It was from a passage in Zephaniah:

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." - Zep 3:17

He highlighted the fact that God actually sings and rejoices over us!

That's a mind-blowing realisation.

No comments: