Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bright!















I didn't have time to complete the last post, so i'll just dot point the significant events that happened in my life over the past month or so:

- Celebrated my grandmum's 80th birthday!




- Started the soccer season with NQA with an amazing 1-0 victory (hit the X-bar)




- Started the Campus Sport Futsal tournament with the MHS dudes. We play every Tuesday.
- Watched Melbourne Victory lose to Gamba Osaka; 4-3 with Tommy, Jin, Phan and Jimmy.
- Was prophesied over by Uncle Roger.
- Was inspired by Steve Hawkin's advice on leadership during a Fungus leaders meeting.
- Dani's 15th; Skater boi!!






- Antho's 18th; snuck into Shine.


I had a mid-semester exam on Monday (yes, ANOTHER ONE), which i completely stuffed up. I'm feeling semi-stressed out with my immense workload at the moment. There's a lot that i've still got to cover, and yet there's no real pressure or obligation to study!
We went up to Bright for the weekend (3hours drive away) with Uncle Steven's family. The views up there are absolutely breath-taking! The trees are all in their full autumn colours - bright yellow, rich red, and a warm flaming orange hue. You really have to be there to appreciate it. We visited a trout farm, a walnut farm, a deer and emu farm. It was really funny how Chloe and Sam would hide behind me whenever the emu walked past. haha! One emu even chased Sam around.

It was more of a relaxing trip. I got to know Chloe and Sam a lot more. haha! Chloe's sooooo adorable! Especially when she says: "Where's Isaac?", "Don't do that!", "Why are you laughing?"

Oh, MHS 07 were totally destroyed by some Turkish team today. They outplayed and outclassed us in every aspect of the game. I was totally humiliated (meekness without shame) when i left the pitch after the final whistle. Their movement on and off the ball was flawless, everyone of them was confident on the ball, had awesome footwork, control and a decent shot. I've never seen a futsal team play so cohesively in my life! Before this game, I thought that our team was formidable. But now, i think i'm going to have to be more humble, and a whole lot more hardworking in terms of fitness. -.-"" Jin made a terrible sliding tackle today which left him with a torn tendon (i think that's the current diagnosis). His ankle was crushed against a concrete ledge carried by the momentum of his sliding tackle. It was interesting to see who was sincerely concerned for him and who weren't. I sure hope he's fine, although my gut feeling tells me that he's going to be out of action for 6 months or so :(

Man U's playing Barcelona tmr. My prediction's 2-1 to Barca. We'll see how it turns out..


No comments: