Friday, May 22, 2009

Quotes...

Whenever I come across a good quote, I write it down on stickies in the hope that I'll do something useful with them some time in the future. I'm cleaning up my table now and I just thought I'd post them up online before I throw the stickies away.

-

" People can be loud, demanding, rude when they are in need but behind that wall of 'look' and 'manner' lie the unmistakably perfect masterpiece of the Creator - a human being with thoughts and feelings" - Mink

-

"After a while, I just don't care much if this church is Baptist or Pentecostal, for we all worship one God - that is Christ Jesus. I think our Lord is a very creative Person, and He wouldn't pick only one colour because it'd be a little too boring for Him." - Mink

-

"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit." - an email from Sha

-

"I don't think he likes me anymore... I mean, me and Jan!"
- Ann Lee Chin

-

"Yum! Andrea's birthday cake is so nice! It's better than Julia's!"
- Ann Lee Chin

*She didn't realise Julia was right beside her* -.-"

-

This week's been pretty easy-going.. not too stressed with work (although the exams are around the corner and I should really be getting stuck into my books). The most annoying part of my week is having to nurse my hip. I still don't know what it is.. probably a minor fracture.

Everyone seems to be getting injured. My mum decided to go play badminton with my Dad at Grace church last night. She hadn't played sport in a VERY LONG time and, hence, she was unfit. Not long after Sha and I came back from our soccer training session, we received a call from mum saying that she thinks that she might have torn her Achilles tendon -.-""

I assessed her when she got back and confirmed that she'd a complete rupture -.-" I felt really helpless as a Physio student because I couldn't do anything to treat her.

I've been procrastinating since 10am this morning.. I better get back to work.

1 comment:

Minkster: Life Is A Quest said...

Oh, if you could tell your sister, her quote brightened my day. And that is very wise and true...especially the last part. lol