Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Grateful Birthday.

Wow! It's been more than a month since i last blogged! I guess there's no better time to do so than on my birthday. There's 42mins left before my blessed birthday ends, so i'll have to keep this short. Although this wasn't the MOST EXCITING birthday, it's surely one that i'll never forget.

My VCE exams are starting next week and they'll drag on till the 22nd of November. I've been feeling rather depressed lately because i'm seriously not prepared for my exams. So i took the last 4 days off school just to study at home.. boring.. yea, i really didn't feel special on my birthday.. all that studying just totally killed my mood for celebration. I feel like a stoic.

However, a few pple made this day special for me and i would like to thank them. I don't think i've ever felt so GRATEFUL on any of my other 16 birthdays, so i guess i'm reaching a new hallmark: i'm actually TRULY grateful to God for all my family and friends. It really got me thinking about how i treat my friends, and how i'm going to treat them in the future. I usually think about what presents I'm going to get, what are people going to do for me, and how i'm going to be blessed on my birthday... and although there's nothing wrong with that, but i never seen to be content on my birthday until THIS ONE. I've learnt that satisfaction of my inner most being results directly from blessing others. Some food for thought perhaps.

Just wanna thank Anne, Jan and Adrienne (haha! Anne, you get to go before your sister this time!) for giving Jerusha and I the most pleasantest of surprises by rocking up at our house with a delicious cake. Although the cake was an ordinary one from Coles, it tasted special just because of the effort you girls put in. I'm truly grateful! :)

Mark - gave me another huge shock when he rocked up at my doorstep to personally deliver presents to Jerusha and I! Oh my goodness, i couldn't believe it. I thought it was some kindda prank! haha! Thanks buddy, your efforts are deeeeeply appreciated. He took a BUS down to our house and he was probably 2 hours late getting home! lol! That's crazy! Oh btw, Mark, I've always wanted a lava lamp. Thanks so much!

A big thank you to everyone who bothered to drop me an sms, or a message on facebook, or even called to send your blessings. Every year, one would aspire to mature a little more, to gain more experiences to life, and to appreciate the people and the things that we may take for granted. Time has opened my eyes a little wider this year.

A blessed birthday to you too my precious sister, Jerusha! You've been one of the greatest blessings in my life. You've thought me how to be a little more humble, a little more patient and caring just like you are. Without you, i'd be a grumpy spoilt brat. I thank God for you. May he bless you in such an immeasurable way that others may look upon you and wonder what a mighty God you serve! :)

18/10/2007: the day i learnt how to be truly grateful.

No comments: