Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sinking..

I feel like my relationship with my mum is sinking into an abyss of eternal hate. One of the things i dreaded most is starting to take it's form. I used to watch chinese serials, read books and witness real life situations where the child totally hates his/her parents, and i told myself that i would never be like them.

I've got a lot of work to do, so i'll just cut it short:

I served my mum a bowl of corn soup for dinner.
At the end of dinner...
Isaac: Here mum, have some of this soup (leftover salty duck soup) it's your favourite.

Mum: Nah, i've already drunk the corn soup. I'm full, you have it.

Isaac: Aww, you should've drank the salty duck soup first.

Mum (accusing): You should've served it to me instead of the corn soup.

Isaac (sarcastically): I'm sorry. I apologise.

Yep, she got dead pissed after that. We haven't spoken since then. My dad said that i was at fault because it takes two hands to clap. I told him that it's different in this case because a swipe was taken at my face and all i did was to stick my hand out to block it; thus the clap. If i didn't stick my hand out, i would've been slapped hard right across the face.

Sigh.. no wonder Jesus talks about offering your left cheek even after your enemy has slapped you across the right one. I should really try that sometime. It would work on someone who has morals, but in this day and age, the only morals existent are not to commit genocide or homocide.

No comments: