Saturday, March 10, 2007

Touch from Heaven

I'm flying off for Singapore really soon, so i've gotta make this quick. I did pretty well in my races on Thursday. I picked up 2 second-placings and 2 third-placings. I'm kindda disappointed that i didn't win a single race :( Anyway, my grand dad's health has deteriorated, and he's not expected to last another week. That's the reason why my entire family's making a last minute flight back to Singapore.

Ever felt a touch from heaven? I was feeling dejected yesterday, there was a lot on my heart and i found it extremely hard to worship God at Fungus yesterday. It was then that i decided to kneel and pour my heart out to God. It was then that i felt a touch from heaven. It's been a long time since i've cried ever so deeply, but it really got all the bad emotions out; all the stress that's been accumulating due my workload, the troubles with my friends, and other pressures. I felt unworthy to praise God, but he told me that he loves me and that "everything's going to be okay."

I just finished doing my Quiet Time with God, and i read 1 Samuel 17 - the story about David and Goliath.

"David said to the Philistine, ' You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but i come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God for the armies of Israel, whom you have defied." - 1 Sam 17:45

"'All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or by spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands.'" - 1 Sam 17:47

Amen to that! The battle is the Lord's. He is my strength and my shield, of whom, or of what should i fear when the Lord is with me?

No comments: