Monday, June 21, 2010

4 hours of coffee



I had a 4 hour chat with Tracey over coffee today about starting a Christian t-shirt business. Jo somehow remembered that I had told her about this idea I had some time last year, and she told Tracey about me. I wasn't sure about how much help I would be, but time just flew by us as we were sitting there in Word bookshop. We talked about everything from t-shirt designs, market trends, business plans, personal goals, focus groups, marketing, etc.

She basically wants to start a business that produces custom-made t-shirts presenting Godly valued that are "uplifting" to the human soul. I thought about a very similar idea last year based on the fact that the Word of God is "living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Heb 4:12) The Word of God has the power to feed the soul; the ability to bring deep satisfaction and fulfilment.

How effective would it be to display the Word of God on clothing?

"Jesus loves YOU. But I'm his favourite"

"Jesus PRAYS for YOU" - Hebrews 7:25

"Jesus LOVES the HELL out of you" - John 3:16

"He keeps me in PERFECT PEACE." - Isaiah 26:3

"I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me STRENGTH" - Philppians 4:13


I felt like I did something today helping Tracey get a clearer idea on how to pursue her dream. Quite often, I get crazy and fun ideas that pop up in my mind just like bubbles. They amuse me for just a little while and then they go "pop!" The next time I get a bubble in my mind, I wanna take a good look at it, capture its reflections, and then pursue it even after it pops.

I CAN'T believe Kaka got sent off against Ivory Coast last night. He's such a legend of the game with such a humble spirit. He doesn't deserve a red card just because some dude felt like randomly falling over and whining cuz his mum didn't give him a gun for his 1st b'day present. Seriously, Abdul Kader Keïta, you are a bloody diver and I've lost all respect for you. Grow some balls, and a conscience while you're at it.


I miss fishing. It's less than 2 weeks since I broke my ankle, but it already feels like forever! :( I wanna go fishing. I wanna run. I wanna be able to walk to the toilet.


3 blessings I'm grateful for:

1) Friends who truly love the Lord (Mink, you're someone who really inspires me :D)
2) Memories of both the good and the bad
3) The breath I just took

No comments: